Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reading and Writing Fundamentals

I love writing however I can't write. I am horrible with big words and as far as grammar, oh lord help me now! So I write how I talk .. ramble on and on with no breaks and sometimes not making much sense at all. Spell check is my best friend.When I was younger after school I would ask my mom to give a topic to write about, like the sky, a bunny rabbit, my shoes, whatever she could think of. I made up the lamest little stories.So you are pre-warned that I suck at this whole writing thing.

The last time I had a blog I made a comment about these handmade purse's that were being sold like hot cakes, just flying off the shelves. It wasn't a mean comment or anything just jealously I guess. Anyway that's how I found out you really are monitored on the Internet about what you say and who you talk about. I was totally freaked when I read the comment about my little vent ramp aid of jealously I kept looking at my computer waiting for the Internet police to jump out and scold me. So for me to mention a product or name will come rarely if I am not happy with it or jealous of it.

So on this note I am happy to report that even though it's taking me forever I am reading a book that has caught and keeps my attention. My good friend told me about it and one day my mom I were looking at knitting books and poof there it was. My mom was a little confused she was like where are all the patterns. I explained it much more than just patterns, it's a real book and the bonus is the patterns. She was still confused. Whatever mom .. I love you. I walked out that day with my new purchase. That night kids are asleep, Husband is occupied with his own thing I am in bed with my blanket and my book. I laughed my ass off this girl was funny, real, honest and I like her.When it comes to reading a book I find myself reading the same sentence over and over again. I have this mind that likes to picture things, so if it doesn't get the clear picture it won't move on to the next sentence. I had no problem getting the picture with her book. I am in aw of this woman's strength to over come the obstacles in her life. Wanna know what book I am talking about? I have one last thing to share if you are a knitter or not you should go out and buy this book ASAP. Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry. Get a glass of wine and read till 4am. I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment