Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sewing in 2009

New things for this new year for me is to learn how to sew. I was watching Project Runway and decided that I was going to spread my creative horizon. Now I am no where near the caliber of those contestants on Project Runway, I will be happy sewing up jeans or a simple purse. With my new Christmas sewing machine my mom threw in some purse patterns and a sewing magazine called Sewing Savvy. I have to say I am so lost. I have no idea where to begin. Do I go buy fabric or should I read more so I know what to even buy. I have been doing my research on the Internet and watched a few You Tube clips on learning how to sew, but I feel a class would really help me grasp the concept better.
This is the case I got to put my sewing machine in. I love bags that have wheels. My dream home would have enough rooms for kids and guests, but my favorite room would be my yarn room. Yarn from floor to ceiling lining the walls and books galore. with a sewing table and a knitting machine, a crafter's dream. I picture the room being part of a guest house with a cottage like setting. A nice little get away from the main house which I am sure would be covered with toys, sort of like my house is now.For now my guests that come to stay are surrounded by my yarn and unable to hang their clothes in the guest closet due to my clear tubs holding even more yarn for future projects. Clutter every where in that room. Some days I go in there and pull everything out just look at all my yarn and my books, after a few hours I put it all back. For now I am waiting to win the lottery.

This is my closet full of yarn and books
This is a dresser that I use to store more yarn. This another dresser type thing I use to for my yarn and needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment