Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Valentines Day is tomorrow so in tribute to the romantic day I plan on picking a weed for my husband, it's what we can afford. My husband and I met 4 years ago on an airplane. We were both leaving a city close to our hometowns and headed in separate directions. I was going back to California and he was headed to Washington. While I was waiting to board the plane I noticed him, a very clean cut man. I right off the bat I thought he had a girlfriend. When it was time to board the plane he got on first and I gave up on the idea of meeting him. I was in the last group to board and to my surprise he was sitting alone by the window. Now I am a total window freak I hate the isle seats. I asked if the seat by the Isle was open and he said yes. I sat down and I ran through things in head of how I could start a conversation. He had a brace on so I asked him what happened and that's was all it took. When plane landed he had to stay on and I had to get off. Before I left I gave him my number and said if he was ever in California to call me. I immediately called my mom and told her all about him. He called his mom and told her he met her future daughter in law. Four months later after only talking on the phone we were engaged and One year later we were married. Funny part is both of us were not looking for love that day on the plane. We had both just given up the fact we would meet our soul mate. I guess it really is true that when you least expect it, it just comes naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment